Welcome to Studio B, where I hope you will return often for the latest updates.....Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Got scraps?

Then you can make one of these cute little Valentine heart decorations. This is a great easy project for kids or those that are young at "heart". I thought it would be a cute window decoration for Valentines day so I whipped up a couple of these in a few of my favorite colors since they will be recycled after valentines day in my studio for some fun decor. And whats even better; I'm gonna share how I made them. Super Easy!



Okay, So here it goes; this is my first tutorial and I hope I write clear instructions, but please contact me if you need further explanation :)


     To begin you will need 7 strips of paper cut 1 inch wide. I cut two strips of each color and one shorter strip  of paper at 12, 10, 8, and 5 inches.
















     Stack strips in the order that is pictured above. So essentially you will stack short, med, and then long. Add the 5 inch strip and then repeat, sandwich them together with the shortest piece sticking out as shown in the photo to the right. Staple all sheets together where they meet with the 5 inch strip.

     Next hold the 5 inch strip and begin pulling the shortest strip down on each side to line up with the 5 inch strip, repeat for the other strips pulling each side down and lining them up. When All pieces are even with the 5 inch strip staple in place. (sorry that I wasn't able to take a picture of this step)


There are so many color combinations that you can do, or you can make the strips thinner or thicker. 
For smaller hearts just adjust the length of the strips.



Here is one that I made. I suspended it using some fishing line, which is so thin and clear that you cant even see it! Love it!












Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Dale, I am actually thinking about posting better instructions. I fear it may be a little difficult to follow.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda for sharing the scrap hearts. These are super cute and easy. Appreciated.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. omGoodness!!! how cute is this, simple tooo!!! I just love it, thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda. Those are super cute hearts. I think I'll make some with the kiddo's. Hang them from the ceiling. Their so simple, yet so perfect! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I am a military wife. My husband is Air National Guard. We've been stationed in California, but we're home now in UTah. I've gotta say I've had it pretty easy compared to alot of women in the military. We don't have to leave home, other than the one to CA for a year. My husband has been reserves for 11 years, and until about 2 years ago we'd never been active duty. I admire the families who can move around and leave everyone they know behind, it was really tough for me. Now, I get to stay home with my kids, and he has to leave. It's tough too, but there not long deployments. About 6 months at a time. How is Germany? You can reach me on my blog, or at love_stampin@hotmail.com. Oh, I am also following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda. Those are super cute hearts. I think I'll make some with the kiddo's. Hang them from the ceiling. Their so simple, yet so perfect! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I am a military wife. My husband is Air National Guard. We've been stationed in California, but we're home now in UTah. I've gotta say I've had it pretty easy compared to alot of women in the military. We don't have to leave home, other than the one to CA for a year. My husband has been reserves for 11 years, and until about 2 years ago we'd never been active duty. I admire the families who can move around and leave everyone they know behind, it was really tough for me. Now, I get to stay home with my kids, and he has to leave. It's tough too, but there not long deployments. About 6 months at a time. How is Germany? You can reach me on my blog, or at love_stampin@hotmail.com. Oh, I am also following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute and clever! Thanks for sharing the directions, will have to remember this for the future! :)

    PS - Followed you here via SC blog thread! :)
    http://crystalscraftingandrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi and Thanks so much for commenting, please do remember to click on "subscribe by email" So that you will receive my reply. You will only receive replies for this post. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...