Welcome to Studio B, where I hope you will return often for the latest updates.....Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My 1st quilting project

I have been wanting to learn to quilt for some time now, but I have to admit I am not too keen on sewing machines! They scare me, or used to I should say. I took the plunge in August and purchased my second sewing machine. The first one I owned for over thirteen yrs came out to play maybe three times, so I got rid of her.

I have to thank the Best neighbor in the world for teaching me how to quilt. I am by no means an expert, but I think I've got the basics down, and I have some machine confidence now. She was so patient with me, and taught me some valuable sewing lessons to keep me from making huge mistakes in the future.

My first quilted project is the runner below, I wanted to start with something small, runners are perfect for the beginner! I wanted a project that wasn't going to be overwhelming, and easy to actually finish. Because lets face it folks, if you take on a big job it will linger. Hope you enjoy!





Thanks for peeking in,



1 comment:

  1. And YOU are the best student, I had fun learning along with you.
    Wow, it looks really beautiful, this is an A+ job!~ Aniko

    ReplyDelete

Hi and Thanks so much for commenting, please do remember to click on "subscribe by email" So that you will receive my reply. You will only receive replies for this post. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...